Ah yes, 2011 will be coming to an end in a few weeks. Personally, I can’t wait to get out of this year. Most of the people I spoke with this past year have said that 2011 was not a great yea r. Even online, folks have said that 2011 was one hell of a year. For me, it was about self-reflecting on what I want out of life which includes what I want for my creative, freelance and ghost writing career. Here’s Part I of my reflections of 2011.
Amandah’s Reflections of 2011
1. Set a goal to reach 1,200 followers on Twitter. I’m almost there; I have 1,199 diverse followers such as writers who write for the Huffington Post, CNN, and other outlets. I’m also connected with various publishers, producers, directors, production companies, screenwriters, social media consultants/companies, and media companies.
2. Start another blog where I can stretch my writing and not worry about it. I love comedy, especially TV comedies such as The Middle and Modern Family. I recently began Daily Family Antics because “there’s always something going on every day in my home.” It’s been a ‘hit’ with readers. My mom finds it entertaining so I know I’m on the ‘right’ path. Yes, I know mom’s can be biased; however, my mom is not one of those moms. I appreciate her honesty and she has a good ‘eye’ for stories and details.
Another reason for the blog is I plan to use it as a basis for a half-hour TV comedy. I’m still in the developing stages, but I plan to work on the plot, characters, treatment, logline, etc. in 2012.
3. Writing for HalogenTV. This production company focuses on providing folks with information they can use to be the change they want to see in the world. It’s a great website, and I’m hoping I could expand my role with them in one form or another.
4. I didn’t move. I was hoping to move by October 31 but that didn’t happen. This made a little sad because I need to be in my ‘own’ sacred space. On the bright side, I have a lot of ideas thanks to my ‘family’s antics’ and more life experiences.
5. Querying and pitching. I was thrilled to receive a response to a query I sent out for a well known magazine. I also pitched my teleplay. But, I need to do more querying and pitching and stick to my schedule in 2012.
Part II will be posted tomorrow. This blog post would have been close to 1,000 words if I posted everything at once! That’s a bit much for a blog post. That’s just s my opinion.
How was your 2011? What will 2012 be like for you? Share